Prayer Companion

For more information about the Prayer Companion, prayer journal,

please scroll down to the bottom of the Page.

It Speaks To Me

  • Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of all Compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
  • Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Armor Of God-- from "My Personal Prayer"


This is why you must take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having prepared everything, to take your stand. Therefore, with truth like a belt around your waist, righteousness like armor on your chest, and your feet sandaled with readiness for the gospel of peace-- ready to go tell others about the gospel. In every situation take the shield of faith, and with it you will be able to extinguish the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is God’s word.
With every prayer and request, pray at all times in the Spirit, and stay alert in this, with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints. Ephesians 6:18 HCSB

My Prayer . . .

Lord, I pray that today. . . .

Salvation would cover my head like a helmet. I am Yours.

Righteousness & obedience to you would cover me like armor.

That your truth would surround me like a belt, that I would always speak truth and not be deceived by lies.

That I would hold high my shield of faith; knowing you work all things together for the good of those who love you.

Arm me with the sword of your Spirit; your word, put your word in my heart, so that I might be able to demolish arguments and pretensions that set themselves against the knowledge of God.

Sandal my feet with peace, so wherever I go I would walk in peace and pursue peace, sharing the gospel.

Lord prepare me today to do your will and serve you. I take my stand in the Spirit, suited with the full armor of God, and in prayer.

No comments: