Prayer Companion

For more information about the Prayer Companion, prayer journal,

please scroll down to the bottom of the Page.

It Speaks To Me

  • Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of all Compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
  • Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

Monday, February 12, 2007

My Purpose is to Experience God


My journey continues. . . What exactly am I doing here anyway, what’s the point?

My life has been difficult in every aspect-- my health, marriage, friends, church, kids, and family, have had major challenges. I think the point God has been trying to prove to me is, He is enough for me. God alone is my security, he alone is my rock and my identity.

I was brought to a point of desperation, of total emptiness, so God could fill me up with Him, to prove to me his ways are better than my ways (Isaiah 55:8). I came to the end of myself and realized I needed God in a much bigger, deeper, fully dependent way. I needed God alone. I wanted to not just know God, but to experience Him.

I began searching God’s word. I was tired of trying to figure out what I needed! I decided to find out what God wanted to give me. So, I put down my grocery list of wants, and picked up God’s list of promises. I started praying Scripture.

I can’t even find the words to express the transformation that has taken place! As I stopped focusing on me, and chose to focus on God’s Word. God spoke to me in a whole new way. The tears drip down my face— I am overwhelmed by God’s grace, his peace, His love, and His forgiveness in this journey. My heart is overflowing with thanksgiving and praise! My purpose is to know and experience God. I have found what I was desperately searching for: the experience of God, His living, breathing, speaking, presence!

Oh Lord, your benefits, I will not forget. You have forgiven my sin. You have redeemed my life from the pit of loneliness and despair. You have crowned me with love and compassion. You have satisfied my desires with You, Your good things. You have renewed my youth and my strength (My prayer of Psalms 103: 2-5).

The things I was searching for, were not things at all! God is enough!

Oh Lord, you have turned my wailing (and boy have I done a lot of wailing) into dancing! You have removed my garments of self-centeredness and self-pity, and you clothed me with joy. My heart sings to you, it cannot be silent! Lord God, I will give you thanks for ever!
( my prayer from Psalms 30: 11 –12)

Oh sisters, let me tell you, God longs to be gracious to you. He will rise to show you compassion (Isaiah 30: 18). When the things in life are too much to bear, God is there to carry them for you. Dear sisters pray the word — God will speak to you in a whole new, amazing, life transforming, fabulous way! Our purpose is to know and experience God!

You may be wondering — what’s happening in my earthly life? Every circumstance is pretty much the same, there are still challenges on every front. So. . . what has changed? Now I have the peace of God that transcends all understanding, and it guards my heart and mind in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4: 7).

I now have the joy of the Lord as my strength and as I find more joy in Jesus, I find more strength. Therefore we do not lose heart; though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly, we are being renewed day by day (2 Corinthians 4: 6). I may be outwardly wasting away, yet inwardly I am being renewed! What a glorious feeling, even in the midst of crisis all around me, I focus on God and am inwardly renewed! I found my purpose! Oh sisters find Jesus — he is your purpose, and experiencing Him is the greatest, most fulfilling, joyful, strengthening, life-giving adventure you will ever know.

God never promises easy, only to never leave you or forsake you (Deut.31:6). May you experience God’s love, although it is so great you will never fully understand it, then you will be filled with the fullness of life and the power that comes from God. Ephesians 3: 19

Pray, Sisters, Pray. . . Bask in the experience of God!

No comments: