Prayer Companion

For more information about the Prayer Companion, prayer journal,

please scroll down to the bottom of the Page.

It Speaks To Me

  • Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of all Compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
  • Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A Seed, My Journey Part 1

I have been on a journey— trying to figure out who I am. Like so many moms, I let life take over and I became consumed by home, kids and life. Then one day I realized, "I don’t know who I am anymore"! What was my purpose beyond meals, house cleaning and homework? That’s when the journey started. So… This is part of my journey, what I have learned—

I am a seed. Hang with me, and I will explain.

Seeds are really amazing! They hold all the information to grow a tree, or bush, or flower. Everything is in there! WOW! They look so unimpressive, they are small, brownish and dry, and yet have so much potential.

God’s creation is so incredible, and we are apart of that creation! Like the seed, we have been given a purpose, and the potential to grow into something great--everything we need is already in us. He has equipped us with gifts and talents--he has designed us to produce the fruit he wants, and to serve the purpose he chose.

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Now as you know, a seed doesn’t do anything on it’s own. A seed needs to be planted, watered, it needs to be fed by the nutrients in the soil. Just like the seed, we also need to be planted, watered and fed. God has purposed for us, like the seed, to bear good fruit with His nurturing.

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit- John15:16

So… What have I learned? We are amazing seeds! God has equipped us with the potential to bear good fruit for Him. God has given each of us gifts and talents (and challenges). It’s not about us, it’s about God, who God has created to serve him, who God has created for His glory.

Let me tell you, I am tired of being a small, brown, dry seed! I’m ready to see what this small unimpressive seed will grow into for His glory, under His nurturing hand. I am digging my roots down deep into the soil of God’s love, His word, and prayer. I can already feel the leaves beginning to sprout!

And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. Ephesians 3:17

No comments: